Benefits of Motivational Interviewing
This therapeutic method was originally developed to help people overcome addictive disorders like alcoholism and drug addiction. Since it was first developed it has found to have a variety of other benefits, including helping individuals struggling with anxiety disorders, unresolved trauma and post-traumatic stress disorder (which often coincide with addiction). Benefits of motivational interviewing include:
- Helping clients build a higher level of self-confidence.
- Teaching clients how to trust their ability to make positive decisions on their own.
- Teaching clients how to take responsibility for themselves and their own actions.
- Reducing the risk of relapse or of a return to old, self-destructive behaviors.
- Showing clients that if they put their energy towards something they are capable of achieving it.
- Teaching clients how to make the most out of their addiction recovery experience.
- To learn more about the benefits of motivational interviewing, contact us today.
At Guardian Recovery Network we utilize motivational interviewing techniques to help our clients feel heard and understood as they learn how to make healthy decisions. To learn more about our comprehensive, therapeutic addiction recovery program, today.