A Built-In Support System
Group therapy allows for a built-in support system. Many of our clients develop lasting, mutually beneficial friendships with their peers while engaged in therapeutic group sessions. Not only do they learn how to communicate with one another effectively, they learn the importance of reaching out for help and relying on one another for support. Addiction recovery has little to do with self-reliance and everything to do with developing a sense of community.
The Recovery-Related Topics We Cover
We cover a wide range of topics during group therapy sessions, including:
- The Disease Model of Addiction
- The ways in which addiction impacts the individual and the family
- Trauma resolution techniques
- The lasting impact of childhood trauma
- Personal treatment goals
- Effective methods of relapse prevention
- Relapse triggers
- The importance of self-care
- The role of gratitude in addiction recovery
- Substance abuse and mental health
- Stress management techniques
These are only several examples of the topics we cover in our comprehensive therapeutic group sessions. At Guardian Recovery Center we are dedicated to making sure that no stone is left unturned, and that all pertinent subjects are covered in depth.